Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Dearest Mother

Proverbs 31:28
Her children arise and call her blessed

I am grateful to you.
I am grateful to God for giving you to me. (or me to you.)
I am proud of you. I have seen your character through Dad's sickness and death, through having to work, in adventurous traveling and in still seeking God and not settling into a habit.
I love that you go to Africa - 2x in 1.5 years. What's ahead?
I am grateful that you always lead me to God.
I appreciate all you do for the kids (fun and educational gifts, all the quality time and attention to each one, helping with Elijah's food, the way I could count on you when I was sick after Daisy, that your hearts desire for them is that they seek God.)
I love that I don't have anything to complain about you to my friends.
I love knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that you pray for me and my family.
I love you.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

What a beautiful letter to your mom. I love her too and I don't even know her all that well! The fact that you can say, and mean, all those things speakes volumes of her character! I want my children to still love me that wholeheartedly when they are adults as well. I love your family!