Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Let's get it started

I've got to get this blog rolling. How else will the masses learn about me and the great things I have to say? Gotta love those masses. Always crying out for more of Ami, searching out her foibles. Welcome to my life (as time permits).

I'll probably talk alot about the kids. They are my life, for now. They are fascinating little people with great ideas and lots of lessons to teach me. They have brought me closer to God. (Or should I say , driven me to God?) It constantly amazes me how they show me my own folly. The way they act towards me is the way I act towards God. They fuss and complain and yet they always have everything they need and I can usually anticipate their needs, saving them the trouble of having to complain. They cry for water while I am busy making them chocolate milk. It just takes a little longer sometimes to get something better than just what you need.
How often do I act that way towards God, fussing and worrying when His promises are right there before me, when all I have to do is trust and wait.

God is good...all the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, what? That's it?! Who do you think you are, a mother of three small [but fabulous] children who gets precious little time to blog? "Let's get it started" indeed! Give me foibles! I MUST HAVE FOIBLES!!

(This ridiculous diatribe brought to you by your local first-time soon-to-be mom who has no real idea how much time she's about to NOT have to blog...)